Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings #2) by Nalini Singh

Visions of Heat - Nalini Singh

Didn't enjoy this as much as the first one, but still a mile ahead of most PNR, so "less" is still a whole lot better than "not at all", if you catch my drift.

More worldbuilding exploration of this future earth, with a lot more background on Psy's in general, the Psynet, and the world in general, but still not so much on changelings and humans in general. However, the additional details in this book set up a real ongoing conflict for future books, which I really hope becomes a lynchpin in the series. Also very nice to see almost all the secondary characters from the first book return and many get a little more character development.

A few reasons this didn't grab me as much as the first book: It was a bit insta-lovey, the major murder mystery plot seemed a bit of a retread (although, sort of a reason for that), and I dunno, i just didn't like Faith as much as I did Sascha. Oh well. I do like Vaughn though. Always liked Jaguars.

Next book sees us in Wolf-shifter land, with a really uptight psy, and the gender dynamics turned around, that ought to be interesting.